Tuesday, August 19, 2008

This week... each one of you has a homework assignment...

I jokingly tell people I've quit as Chairman and as someone trying to be active in the Democratic Party about 20 times this year...

I'm sacrificing a lot... and in many ways and for many reasons I see it as futile. So many Democrats don't walk the walk and put their money and time where their mouth is.

Everybody has a job, everybody it tight on money, everybody wants to watch American Idol (okay... no I don't... I've never seen the thing.)

The National Party and State Party are in my opinion in a wreck and aren't doing the things they need to do to fix their sturctural problems.

Am I just sustaining something that will never do anything but people me into a life where I don't get to do what I do best which is thinking, reading, and writing...

I'd love to go back to throwing house parties on human rights issues that nobody goes to...

I'm tired of always watching my message... (yes people we need to raise taxes to the levels of other industrialized nations if not more...)

I came across something this morning..

John 21:18
I tell you the solemn truth, when you were young, you tied your clothes around you and went wherever you wanted, but when you are old, you will stretch out your hands, and others will tie you up and bring you where you do not want to go.”
I feel pretty tied up...

I don't get to spend the time with my fiance and friends that I want... I watch my GPA get get... I long to sit and just read... hell I crashed out about 7 pm and was just out... Deana had to clean up dinner and dragged me up to bed--I as always when woken up out of deep sleep just babble incomprehensably and stumble around...


I need to learn to laugh at the sacrfice...

"you don't know where I've been lou... you don't know where I've been" Tyler




--------------
Jim Nichols
A Speculative Fiction
www.JimNichols4.com

No comments: