Wednesday, August 27, 2008

And you may ask yourself....

My mind... can't my mind.... "can't think... where am... what time... who? errr...." He looks over at the small box with music coming out. All he see is 2:32.... 2:32... 2:32... seems to mean something but he is not quite sure.

"What time does that mean? When do I have to go to work? What do I do? Why can't I concentrate on what this little black box is trying to tell me?" 2:32. Still bemused... still staring... his fiances whispers over to him. Its 2:30.... you got to go.

"Yup... knew that... most definitely... I'm JUST NOT SURE WHAT THE CONTEXT FOR THAT NUMBER IS... ahh... wait. Yes 2:30... I have to leave by 3:00. I work at UPS. This is my beautiful house.... that is my beautiful wife... My name is Jim and my mind doesn't work cause it went to bed about 2 and half hours ago. Noting more nothing less."

Its strange when your mind just doesn't work for just a brief moment that seems like eternity. It was very funny... very surreal... very scary/weird.

For fun....



okay this is more like it....



I love my life... even when its weird....

"get some, get some, get some---go again"


--------------
Jim Nichols
A Speculative Fiction
www.JimNichols4.com

1 comment:

Nick said...

Ha. Even before I clicked on the video my mind was saying: that image reminds me of Talking Heads. Guess there's something iconic even about the rough, indistinguishable image of David Byrne. Not sure how he achieved that, but he did.