Wednesday, June 25, 2008

quote after an exhausting first real day working at UPS

This job is going to work my butt off. Damn it felt good to be working again--you really learn to appreciate a job once you've worked at a place for over a year and a half only to be told...sorry... when you try to cut your own hours and step down in pay just to go finish school

My new best friend is going to be the gym for now. I'm not strong enough yet...

“I believe that one defines oneself by reinvention. To not be like your parents. To not be like your friends. To be yourself. To cut yourself out of stone.” --Henry Rollins
--------------
Jim Nichols
A Speculative Fiction
www.JimNichols4.com

2 comments:

DavidFL10 said...

I'm still waiting patiently. Feel forgotten about.
David

Jim Nichols said...

you're not forgotten about.

Mid-term (I just finished) and the paper (due today) have taken most my free time. Plus I have to blog on my other blogs pretty consistently.

I'll sit down this weekend and have something to you (at the very least do your calculation... though some questions have come up on this as well) but this is building into a pretty substantial effort since the challenge of navigating how it is proposed and how economist generally look at things seems at the very least different.

Jim

p.s. you can email me personally Jim.Nichols@gmail.com if you don't care to troll and I'll shoot you an email when its posted. Or just stay paitent with me.