Sunday, June 8, 2008

for some reason...

a quote from the remake of Cape Fear has been in my head all day.
"I can out-learn you. I can out-read you. I can out-think you. And I can out-philosophize you. And I'm gonna outlast you. You think a couple whacks to my guts is gonna get me down? It's gonna take a hell of a lot more than that, Counselor, to prove you're better than me!" --Max Cady
For some reason Max Caddy is a hero of mine... err maybe anti-hero. Also the scene in the jail when he takes off his shirt and the guy says... "I don't know whether to look at him, or read him." That may have something to do with my tattoo's. I dunno.

If you want more quotes from the movie--which I will need to netflix soon you can go here.

update: few more I had to post
Grandaddy used to handle snakes in church, Granny drank strychnine. I guess you could say I had a leg up, genetically speaking --Max Caddy

You're scared. But that's Ok. I want you to savor that fear. The south was born in fear. Fear of the Indian, fear of the slave, fear of the damn Union. The south has a fine tradition of savoring fear. --Max Caddy

Every man... every man has to go through hell to reach paradise.
I am like God, and God like me. I am as large as God, He is as small as I. He cannot above me, nor I beneath Him be. Selatius, 17th Century.

No comments: