Friday, June 13, 2008

Please consider supporting my efforts to go to netroots nation

Even to my conservative readers I hope you consider a vote for me to gain a scholarship to the Net Roots Nation event coming up this July. Economist Paul Krugman and other bloggers will be speaking. Consider it a 28th birthday present (July 13th baby!)

http://www.democracyforamerica.com/netroots_nation_scholarships/124-jim-nichols

Help me grow as a progressive activist who advocates for issues that matter not political politics.

As someone who has been blogging since 2002 and politically active in the social justice movement since 2001 I would learn a ton and would walk away a better advocate at focusing on policy not people on my blog and in my political efforts. We all fall short from time to time of this goal; but its a goal that many bloggers and activists are turning to in their roles as leaders.

regards,
Jim

Jim
p.s. please contact friends and family to help my efforts!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you didn't get the scholarship. I tried.
By the way, check out
http://www.democracyforamerica.com/campaigns/2884-samm-simpson-for-congress
She is running here in my district. We've had many conversations about the FT. If she comes out as an advocate, I'll do everything I legally can to help her get elected.
David