Monday, January 7, 2008

lovely day outside...

So I didn’t roll out of bed until 11 or so. I got up, ate some food. Caught up on emails and blogs. For the past 20 minutes I was just sitting outside reading. A thought popped into my head about how much work I have to do so I rushed in to type this out realizing I was failing to listen to the essence of the thought I was having.

I have a lot to accomplish if I’m ever to have a somewhat decent grasp of the world. One of my big failings is a get caught up in the rush of the moment and don’t take the time to build a strong knowlege of the things I try so hard to speak on. Its as if I’m trying hard without the effort... which is double hard and causes one to want to pull ones hair out–believe me!

So I will go back out and sit on the patio and read. My dog will vie for my attention every now and again and the warm sun and lovely weather will encroach on my mind. But I will sit and read Karl Popper until time to go to work. I won’t worry about the German I have yet to learn, or the forum my Representitive is holding tomorrow night. I will sit and ponder for a while. And I will accept that I don’t need to catch up to the world, that at some point the world might dare to catch up with me. Thats good enough for now....

1 comment:

Nick said...

Exactly. Also, reminded me of this if you haven't read it: http://books.google.com/books?id=lVpUMh-I0ZEC&dq=letters+to+a+young+poet