Friday, May 2, 2008

A sucker is born every day...

So I guess I should have known better. But my stimulus package check was dropped into my account yesterday. I got $400. Both my fiance and I thought it was going to be $600--thats what you keep hearing in the news. Now I don't exactly know why I thought that the Bush Administration would lead me wrong... and I very clearly remember arguing with people that the average tax cut went to middle income people in the Bush Tax Cut plans. But gee's that sucks.

Now granted I didn't like the stimulus package to begin with cause it wasn't very effective way of stimulating the economy. Increasing food stampms/tanf would be the quickest and easiest way to jumpstart the economy. You don't have to change anything or pay for extra stuff... so there isn't a delay. All you do is immediately up the amount given out. And more importantly it goes to the people who need it the most in a down turn and they will put the money right back into the economy. You don't put a lot away into your roth ira when you don't have enough food to eat and such.

But nonetheless it passed so I'll take it. And like others I will put it towards paying medical bills... which isn't exactly the shot in the arm the economy needs. oh well such is life.

No comments: