Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Things that make you go... "ehh?"

So I spoke with a reporter from the Henry Daily Herald today asking me questions about the Henry County Democratic Party. For those who don’t know we are in the process of reorganizing the party–our Chair stepped down for personal reasons and we are trying to use this opportunity to expand the party structure so that we can grow to meet the needs of the growing County.

It seemed to go over well. She was very nice and I hope I was able to help her in some way with her article. Its supposed to be out tomorrow. Since I’m a nobody in local politics I can’t have given her very much context. I mean gee what do you say? I’m a Neighborhood Leader for the DNC! Yeah... we knock on doors and throw house parties to get Democrats organized and motivated. I'm a blogger! Yeah we write posts that connect readers to articles by people who know what they are talking about... and point out those who don't!

In the back of my mind I’m waiting for a hit piece... or somehow my “uhh....’‘s And ‘ummm’’s to come out in some manner that is fodder for the tell-all among local conservatives. Heck, probably won’t even make the piece. But at least people are asking around about what Democrats are doing! For too long in this state Republicans have had strong holds in communities that are natural Democratic voters.

Maybe this is a sign of better things to come!

No comments: