Monday, July 16, 2007

This is not good...

There is talk of Cynthia McKinney running for the Green Presidential nomination. First let me clarify my position. I don't dislike McKinney. If I were to come across her in my everyday world. I would find her views great. I would love to see more citizens speak more to the social good, and social justice tinge. I cringe because she doesn't handle herself well. If you are going to hold some of the positions she holds you have to not have a personality that allows your opponents to use your behaviors to denigrate your ideas. I don't begrudge her. First off I don't really think she's as bad as people make her out to be, though I have a feeling there is some justification for the sentiment even though the sentiment has more to do with the inability of McKinney to articulate in a manner that is historically and politically accurate to the nth degree. But the average person doesn't do that. Heck the average Representitive in the US house dosen't do that. So I don't dislike Mckinney. But I so desperately don't want the green party to deligitmize itself via a circus act. I want them to deligitimize themselves via policies that are pro social justice and pro democracy.

No comments: