Saturday, July 21, 2007

Not a good sign...

I don't want Hillary Clinton to be President. I think she makes a great Senator--which is exactly why I don't think she'd make a good President. But aside from those feelings. Things like this make me not like her policy positions
"I want to have universal health care coverage by the end of my second term."
Ezra Klien makes a great point
Her hypothetical second term happens after the 2012 elections, when Democrats will have to defend a whopping 24 seats while attacking only 9, an even worse schedule than McConnell faces today. How will waiting win us more Senate votes than we're likely to lose then? (And what if she doesn't win a second term?) I don't know whether to doubt Hillary's strategic grasp on how to pass universal coverage, or her desire to do so.

No comments: