Friday, August 10, 2007

Everyone together now...

On the train this morning on my way to work (by the by I transferd stores from the Peachtree City location of a major American retailer to a new store near Atlantic Station in downtown) reading about the current economic woes of the market. And I was struck by one thought: while George Bush is showing reporters how well he can enunceiate the phrase "liquidity in the market" investors are busy moving into treasury bonds (I think...) taking all of that investment out of securities...

this post wasn't really about anything other than Bush's press confrence and his enunciation. He always enunciaties certain terms and certain circumstances more than others. I can't place my finger on it yet...

but I digress... anyways here is Dean Bakers thought for the day on the coverage of the recent economic news...
The coverage of the market meltdown includes many assurances from the experts that everything is just fine. I suppose it would be considered rude for reporters to ask why anyone should trust the assessments of people who apparently failed to see the current credit crunch coming.

No comments: